The workshop Geometry and Physics of F-Theory brings together international experts in mathematics and physics to investigate the geometric structure underlying string compactifications via F-theory.
It will discuss open questions in the description of elliptically fibered Calabi-Yau fourfolds
both from a mathematical perspective and with regards to their relevance for F-theory.
The workshop thus aims at an inspiring exchange of ideas from pure mathematics and from theoretical physics and intends to stimulate interactions between both disciplines.
- Lara Anderson (Virginia Tech)
- Andreas Braun (King's College, London)
- Volker Braun (Oxford University)
- Inaki Garcia-Etxebarria (MPI Munich)
- Antonella Grassi (University of Pennsylvania)
- Thomas Grimm (Max-Planck-Institut für Physik, Munich)
- James Halverson (KITP Santa Barbara)
- Denis Klevers (University of Pennsylvania)
- Andre Lukas (Oxford)
- Fernando Marchesano (IFT-UAM/CSIC)
- Luca Martucci (University of Padova)
- Christoph Mayrhofer (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich)
- Dave Morrison (UC Santa Barbara)
- Raffaele Savelli (Saclay, Paris)
- Sakura Schäfer-Nameki (King's College, London)
- Roberto Valandro (ICTP Trieste)
- Taizan Watari (IPMU,Tokyo)